A’s husband wanted to give her a gift that would show her how beautiful, strong and amazing he thinks she is so he surprised her with a portrait photography session with Elaine Kessler Photography!
After developing her shoot, she had her hair and makeup styled by Anessa Matthews. She wanted something cool, unique and courageous for her concept so we generated some ideas and came up with some great looks. She texted me images of many different pieces she wanted to incorporate and eventually we narrowed it down to 3 primary looks. I love when clients are inspired!
We shot on top of a parking garage at Arizona State University and in and around Tempe Town Lake.
Here are my favorite things about A’s portrait photography shoot:
- A came ready to have a great time – even though she was a little nervous about being the focal point, she was determined to have fun and look good while doing it.
- A had awesome props – a guitar, some weapons and cool wardrobe items to choose from.
- A didn’t take herself too seriously – in all her gorgeousness, she was still humble and laid-back.
- A rolled with the punches. When we lost some traction with the sun falling, I shot her in the dark with some off camera flash and we were able to create some moody, beautiful moments.
- She channeled her powerful alter egos to really bring personality, texture and dimension to her session. I love when people can dig deep and tap into aspects of who they are or aspire to be. It isn’t easy to be in front of the camera and A brought grace, power and beauty to her portrait photography shoot.
- Her smile! A’s smile lights up my world and when you see it – you just can’t help but smile in response!
- Weapons! Well, prop weapons anyway. How much fun it was to play!